Friday, December 19, 2008

old and stale?

Last night i went out on a date... just for the hell of it. i think i just wanted to try something new. As a single, black, young female, the prospects are pretty bleak within our age group in the dating pool...
so i rest my case, i was interested to see how 'something different' would be...hence why i went on this 'date'.


Jack was 26 years my senior. He took me out for sushi. I knew he was older than me but not THAT old. He had amazing skin- not a wrinkle in sight, it was only the balding and sporadic grey hair that kinda gave him away. While i maintained a calm exterior (my swagger goes hard...lol), he seemed a bit excited and eager to impress. He rambled about his successful career as an attorney and judge, about his house and an upcoming appointment with his personal masseuse. *yawn*... i guess he really thought this was doing something for me. fail.

My eyes drifted to a flat screen not too far away- there was a basketball game, UNC versus somebody i don't remember. Upon seeing the lack of interest he told a couple jokes, but i didn't get them and then an awkward silence filled the air. He asked me about Spelman, which was good because i definitely perked up at the opportunity to speak about my Alma mater (which i love dearly). Somehow he started talking about his law school experience, then his 10 & 12 year old children. WOW....he has kids too? AND they're closer in age to me than he is....

This man seriously thought he had a chance, yes he flooded me with compliments about how amazing gorgeous and exotic i was (exotic? really?)- but those compliments only go so far. I guess he thought he had somewhat bridged the 'generation gap' when he said that his favorite artists were TI, Lil Wayne and T Pain (shut up....you know you lying).
What would make this man really think that something could seriously come from this . He wasn't bad looking but he was as old as my dad....wtf?!?

This went on for about 45 mins, after which we both left the restaurant and went our separate ways. He mumbled something about seeing me later on that week (which i pretended not to hear).

As i drove home i wondered....what really drives older men to date younger women. i know there may be an obvious answer but damn... it just doesn't seem all that right. And how can these younger women really get past age THAT much. My mind drifted to Hugh Hefner and his young girlfriends... sitting through dinner was so hard for me, i could only imagine (or maybe not) what 'old sex' was like....with old balls...UGH. I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

At least i came out finding out about a fabulous sushi spot, and a story to tell. If you know me, i ALWAYS have a story to tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment